Friday, November 14, 2008

If life was like Pet Society, in which all you had to do to make money is visit your friends and play with your pet, all of us would be millionaires.

Interesting thought, no?

That said, people may like holidays, but after a while holidays can be royally boring.

Sure some people have so much cash in their pockets they more likely are lounging on a beach in the Mediterranean or cruising in the Pacific. But what are us poor, homey people suppose to do? Hide in a box until it's all over?

Well, that's practically what I'll HAVE to be doing now, huh?

But then, this holiday will -I think- be slightly less monotonous (and unmemorable) as the other eight end-year hols.

For starters, we're not going down to Singapore this year. I couldn't care less anyway. My cousins are too busy for constructive conversation anyway (Calvin, Alyssa, Bryan - if by some crazy chance that you're reading this, no harm intended).

Second, for the last two weeks of November I'll be having an Add Math introduction class, so that should stop the holiday vibe from sinking in too much. I also have to tutor my brother every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday (He practically killed the Chinese test paper with a grade of 48)

I also have to think of the MPH-Allliance Bank Short Story Prize. I want to try writing something, so I'll have to do a bit of brainstorming. The deadline may be in March, but since I want to try for the IDLA again next year, it'll be a bit clashy if I don't start now.

Then, there's thinking about camp and MPS (*worry worry fret fret*) -__-|||| I pray to all that is holy Datin will accept the Movie Magic theme, we get a contractor to give us wood (for free) and some movie director from heaven-know's-where will be willing to have give a demo at a low cost. Oh, and that our movie selection will fall from the sky.

If I'm praying I'm desperate. But then, desperate times call for desperate measures :)

Overall, this holiday may be a more productive one, but then again who knows.

Normally, I try to avoid (minimize) rants like this, however, boredom needs an outlet.

To all you people going on a nice long vacation, I hope that you have a wonderful time and know that I envy your cash.

They say it's bad luck to say 'good luck' before the curtains open.

So if I say 'have a rotten holiday' to you all, would it jinx it or not?

1 comment:

Eva. said...

Most prolly she'll let us have it la.I mean,provided with more malay movies than english movies x_x P.Ramli movies,heh.