Friday, November 13, 2009

Ah yes, the sweet taste of freedom and yet-to-come-boredom

Today, I rejoice for my new found one-and-a-half months worth of freedom.

A week later, I'll more likely be so bored out of my wits I'd WISH there was something like school. Just so that I can run off to Angsana and go bug Ke Li, Yi May, Audrey and Jeremy and play Monoploly with them. Or play Monopoly Deal with Kelly, Hui Min and Em while they crash in the library-turned-office(we have a photocopier and a tank of fish for now) that has no space for a library.




Though maybe not by next week.

After all, I'll still have to go to school for debating, even though I may not speak. And then there's still some librarian work to sort. And that outing with my friends.

Then I may crash over at a friend's place to play video games.




Or my part time job plan will fall through.

Or I end up debating the entire holidays.




Heaven knows.

So maybe not next week.

***


Really though, what is one suppose to do during holidays when you don't go around the world every year?

Rot at home as your brain wastes away?

Not exactly, since I have options.


Sometimes I question the need for holidays longer than two weeks. If two weeks are long enough for the brain to turn to goo, man i pity American kids. After three months without school, seeing the school halls would be like seeing a whole different alien planet all over again.

The teachers would most likely go, 'Boy with the name XXX, do you understand me? Take me to your MIND.'

It's most likely why they have summer camps.



Though it is kind of like, what we are hoping for all year long(holidays, that is) we can't seem to appreciate it.

It's like we literally forget what we're doing, and why we're doing it.

And speaking of what we're doing, didn't I write something similar to this last year's hols?

(Checks. Stones)

I did.




I seriously need a topic and a life.

***

And while I'm complaining about all this, I just realized I have a mock exam for english literature tomorrow.


Do I look like the studying type though?


In this case, not really.





I definitely need all the right moves. Onerepublic, I like :D

No comments: